?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Out of Order

There are many things in my life that do not, exactly, work, but are not, exactly, broken. My car's air conditioning cycles between knuckle-chilling, shivering blizzard, pleasantly cool (save for the outside 130-degree temperature), and "what we've got outside, but it's at least moving." There is no pattern to these changes, though they often cycle when I hit a speedbump.

Or the men's room at work, which has automated urinals and sinks, all of which flush or run cold water at their discretion, not yours.

Or my computer. I don't understand my computer.

All of these items will now bear signs that state, "THIS (insert item's name) OBEYS A HIGHER RATIONALITY."

That is all.

Comments

( 14 comments — Leave a comment )
shadli
Jul. 14th, 2003 11:23 am (UTC)
*falls off her chair laughing*
spottylogic
Jul. 14th, 2003 11:26 am (UTC)
Thnx :)
Thanks, Shadli--I'm at work fighting with Excel, I appreciate the laugh right now :)
shadli
Jul. 14th, 2003 11:40 am (UTC)
Your quite welcome, I wish I was at work fighting with something, this whole housewife thing I've gotten into SUCKS.
spottylogic
Jul. 14th, 2003 12:39 pm (UTC)
Unemployment robs you of all sense of time, gives you nearly infinite leisure, but no ability to appreciate it. Something about losing 70% of your waking hours makes that remaining 30% really, really valuable.
shadli
Jul. 14th, 2003 02:24 pm (UTC)
I'm supposed to sleep more now?? I'm aloud to do that??
spottylogic
Jul. 14th, 2003 03:21 pm (UTC)
Woah, let's not jump to any hasty conclusions! This isn't 'Fantasy Island,' here!

shadli
Jul. 14th, 2003 06:42 pm (UTC)
*laughs*
Sure get my hopes up only to stomp on them!
dragonwolfgeno
Jul. 14th, 2003 01:17 pm (UTC)
Sadly, that seems to happen to me a lot.
spottylogic
Jul. 14th, 2003 01:27 pm (UTC)
I have been at pains for quite some time to figger out why my digital camera began life with a "format" function that erased all data on its flash disk, and as well had a "delete all images command," and today, has neither, though every button associated with those commands seems to work just fine. My usual assumption is that my camera is much smarter than I am, and clearly understands my needs better than I myself.

Every "program terminated due to an unexpected interruption" furthers Skynet's plans.

I love your icon, dragonwolf!
baktre
Jul. 14th, 2003 03:37 pm (UTC)
Or a lower, more compelling rationality. WHAT ABOUT URINAL'S NEEDS?!?!? They're seeing to them now. Previously they could only gape at you mockingly. Now they can flush.
spottylogic
Jul. 14th, 2003 04:14 pm (UTC)
I had a brief image yesterday of a urinal with a translucent porcelein surface, and colored lights playing underneath, just a few, that move around--I really think this could sell. It would improve the whole urinal experience. Maybe add a techno backbeat. Yeah.

evilbenfranklin
Jul. 15th, 2003 12:28 am (UTC)
Hullo! Steve from Wing Night (aka Dade@Taps) here.

...I get this effect a lot. If you recall me mentioning my Personal Chaos Field before, that's what I was talking about. Things... break around me sometimes. It's like entropy just decides to take a hit of crystal meth for a few minutes. At one of my previous jobs, they joked that they were going to fire me, because every day between 2:45pm and when my shift started at 3:00pm, some major system would go down as I arrived for work. ;)

Anyhoo. Off to bed for me. Talk at you later. :)
spottylogic
Jul. 15th, 2003 05:57 am (UTC)
You should pursue a career in tech support. It sounds like guaranteed job security--whoops! Another network connection down!
evilbenfranklin
Jul. 15th, 2003 09:11 am (UTC)
Re:
Actually, that's what I did for four years. :)
( 14 comments — Leave a comment )