Both. However, Egg Nog should ideally be low-fat, sugar-free and home-made. Yes I AM a snob.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped! In a big huge mound! It is appropriate for large presents (bicicles, pogo sticks, beanbag chairs) to be left unwrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
No blinking lights on tree. Colored lights are preferred. House exterior--go wild!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Sometimes never, but lately, to prevent the ghost of my Christmas Nazi housemate from waging festive war on our sanity, the household tends to decorate during the first week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Turkey, hands down, but the stuffing is not something I enjoy.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Getting a copy of the "Dark Tower" boardgame and going spaz over it at age 8 would be a favorite. I don't have many strong childhood memories, though. I do remember my mom (presumably) tracking ash footprints out of the fireplace and writing a letter to Santa. I also fondly remember my 8th-grade math teacher writing each student in her class a full-page "letter to Santa", weirdly in mirror-writing cursive.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I'm not sure I ever "learned" :) It was only when I was 25 or so that my mother would admit to putting presents out, but cynicism set in at 12 and I stopped believing.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Absolutely not! Christmas present opening is a three-hour ordeal Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Tree?
Old and new ornaments (traditionally we get a couple new ones each year, to keep up with breakage.) There's ornaments from my parent's first christmas together, 30+ years ago, stuff I made when I was in Kindergarten, and new stuff.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I'd love some, but it's not an option in south-central Texas.